Tips from our dieticians
Some days are a struggle. Fortunately, the whole FitForMe Team knows most of the pitfalls, often from personal experience. We have listed all our tips to give you a helping hand.
- Did you know that cravings come in waves? They first build up, peak at the highest possible point, and then disappear. Really. If you succeed in getting past that one point, you conquer the craving. Surf the urge!
- Do not go shopping on an empty stomach, eat something in advance. When you go grocery shopping, do it with your partner no more than twice a week.
- Eat regularly: plan 3 main meals and 3 snacks. Do you feel like eating anyway? Postpone this urge until a suitable time.
- Chew your food well and swallow it before you prepare the next mouthful on your fork or spoon.
- If you notice that you are eating too quickly, eat in front of a mirror. What also works well is using children's cutlery, or taking mouthfuls the size of a 5 cent coin.
- Brush your teeth or take a shower. A simple trick that works!
- Try to take smaller sips when you drink.
- Retrieve that pedometer from the cupboard! Look at your average number of steps after the first week and try to increase it by 500 steps a day the following week. A good end goal is ten thousand steps a day.
- Is walking too boring for you? Then invite a friend to join you. If they have no interest, take the neighbour's dog – it is dying to get outdoors.
- Laugh more! Did you know that laughing (heartily) 100 times burns the same number of calories as 10 minutes of rowing?
- Plan for a moment of sin: this is important, because if you deprive yourself of something, you start craving it. A tasty treat from time to time is allowed and tastes particularly delicious.
- Nobody is perfect and you cannot expect yourself to be the perfect weight loss patient 365 days a year.
Could you use more help? Then call us! Telephone number +31(0)10 - 22 355 28. FitForMe is here for you!